It’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the folks at the Broke and the Bookish. This week’s challenge. Ten Posts On Your Blog That Would Give The BEST Picture of YOU (as a reader and a person — so pick the 10 best reviews/posts that you wish every potential reader of your blog would see!). This is interesting for me, since I am not a “book blogger” so much as a blogger who likes to talk about books sometimes.
I decided to tackle this by going back through my Top Ten posts to see which ones I think fit the bill for me. I have written some reviews and other posts that I’d put on a “top ten get to know me” list, but I thought it would be fun to stay with the top tens.
1. books we’ll be reading 30 years from now (May 29, 2012 challenge). I decided to look at what was popular 30 years ago for this one, which was so much fun (I’m geeky like that…that’s why this post is so “me”)
2. top ten non-book blogs I read (May 22, 2012 challenge). If I am what I read…then this is who I am!
3. which 10 authors would I like to see duking it out on a desert island (May 15, 2012 challenge). Because I had fun writing/thinking about this, it must say something about me.
4. top ten all-timre favorite characters (April 24, 2012 challenge). I suppose who my favorite characters are might say something about me….
5. top ten books about books and reading (March 13, 2012 challenge). This was the topic I chose on a freebie week. Clearly, the fact that I came up with this says something about who I am!
6. top ten books I’d give a theme song to (February 28, 2012 challenge). I can’t say what it says about who I am…but this is another “the fact that I had so much fun with this probably says something” post.
7. top ten books I’d quickly save if (February 21, 2012 challenge). My list of books I’d take with me in case of alien invasion. Judge me if you will…
8. top ten books that broke my heart a little (February 14, 2012 challenge). Clearly what breaks my heart must reveal something about me.
9. top ten bookish resolutions (January 24, 2012 challenge). This was actually a freebie challenge where I picked this from a previous top ten challenges list (I think they’d originally done this in January 2011). I like to make and work towards resolutions, so I felt these really say something about me as a reader.
10. top ten books I hope Santa brings (December 20, 2011 challenge). What I want to read says a lot about me, too.
Do you have posts that you think express the “essence of you”? Feel free to link.