It’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the folks at the Broke and the Bookish. This week: Top Ten Books On Your Fall TBR List. I’ve decided to hold off on this and do something else instead…revisit my summer TBR list to see how I did (although I do still have almost 3 weeks before summer officially ends).
The “what’s on my summer ‘to read’ list” was posted here on June 19, 2012. Two and a half months later, here we are.
1. The Dive from Clausen’s Pier, by Ann Packer. I was reading this when I wrote the original post. So, yep, I read it and my thoughts about it are posted here.
2. Not sure which one, but something by Christopher Moore. And now I know: I read You Suck a few weeks ago, a follow-up to Bloodsucking Fiends, which I had read a few years ago. It’s tricky reading a sequel so long after the original…I’d forgotten a lot of details.
3. The Little Friend, by Donna Tartt. Haven’t read this yet…I’ve thought about picking it up and suspect it will not make it through the fall unread.
4. Explosive Eighteen, by Janet Evanovich. Another one I haven’t gotten to yet, but think I will soon.
5. Then Came You, by Jennifer Weiner. Just started this the other day.
6. The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins. Nope, not yet.
7. Something by Curtis Sittenfeld. Yes, I finished Prep last week. I really liked it and think I’ll end up writing a review of it in the not too distant future.
8. In the Woods, by Tana French. Yes, I started this on the plane to San Diego and finished it before I went to bed that night. The more I think about this, the more intriguing/frustrating it is (SLIGHT SPOILER: not everything gets resolved…)
9. Love the One You’re With, by Emily Giffin. Nope…and reading about some of what has gone on with her recently has turned me off a bit (I actually learned about this from last week’s “Naughty Authors” post at Broke and Bookish [click the link in Tahleen's post to see the story]). I’m sure I’ll end up reading this at some point though.
10. The Weed that Strings the Hangman’s Bag, by Alan Bradley. Also a nope.
Okay…so I read 4 of my predicted 10 (and am currently reading a fifth), and have read 8 books in total this summer (the 4 not on this list are Is Everybody Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling; People of the Book, by Geraldine Brooks; Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella; and Pretty in Plaid, by Jen Lancaster).
I decided to do a review of what I read rather than a “what I want to read” for a few reasons. First, I thought it would be fun to look back at my summer predictions. Second, I like to think I pick my books a little more spontaneously, so I started to wonder at a point if I was choosing books because I had said I wanted to read them on my blog. Of course, now that I see how it turned out (50 percent so far), I can only say the answer is “maybe.”
How did your summer reading go? And feel free to share something you want to read in the fall (as I said, The Little Friend is probably going to be read before the end of the fall).