Somehow, we’re halfway through the year? Crazy. So, it’s time to see what sort of progress is being made with the 2012 goals.
And on to now. Green indicates the initial goal.
1. “In 2012, I’d like to be able to run 10 miles (or 2 times 5 miles). I started 2011 at 2.5 to 3 miles and am now up to 7.5, so I think this is doable if I’m able to keep my schedule.”
I hit the 9 mile mark on March 31, 2012 (I goofed in the April post and said 2011, but it was 2012). As of June 30th, I slowed down my quarter a month pace slightly but am at 9.5 miles and planning to attempt 9.75 on the next long run. I was having some issues with trying to do too much at once (too fast a speed, too steep an incline, AND increased distance) and was getting discouraged by how long it was taking me because I stopped a lot. Cathy offered me some very good advice…essentially that to achieve new distances, I needed to slow down. Her advice helped a lot. Anyway, I’m confident I’ll hit the ten by the end of the year if not before!
2. In 2012, I’d like to write 200 posts (which would average out to almost 4 a week–giving myself a little break with travel or things that happen that might pull me away)…”
By the end of April, this was modified to 175-200 posts and 3-4 times a week. This will be my 98th post this year, so I’m well within my target range.
3. “I did indeed get…Organize Now! … The book is broken down into 56 chapters with the idea that you’ll do one a week. Not every chapter applies to me, so I’ve decided that in 2012 I’d like to get through 3 chapters a month in my quest to be more organized.”
I revised this in April to acting on 3 suggestions a month. I’d say I’ve had a measure of success with this, albeit not in a formal way. I’ve definitely started tackling organizing projects (my magazines, my dresser, my clothing drawers, my constant clutter piles). I’m happy with what I’ve gotten done, even if it wasn’t what I foresaw.
4. “..In 2012 I’d like to read at least 25 books again (so mostly 2 books a month).”
By April, I’d read 6 books. And, as of right now, I’ve read 14 (more about those in a future post). So, I feel pretty good about this one.
5. “One thing that I’ve put in monthly goals and failed on is taking better care of my hands (they get chapped/cracked in the winter and I wash/sanitize them to death) and they start to hurt/flake/peel. So in 2012, I want to use hand cream on them at least 1 time each day and will do “higher” maintenance (nail clipping/filing/buffing…maybe even a manicure one of these days) twice a month (so 1 time every other week)….”
This one has still proven tricky, but I think I’ve been better. Certainly the higher maintenance has happened. In fact, the other day I decided to go out and have this done.
I goofed and touched things before I should have…but it’s been nice to look at my nails!
So, even though I’m not exactly where I want to be with all my goals, I haven’t dropped them all completely…I’m not cringing too much looking at what I wrote I wanted to do in 2012!
How has your 2012 been so far, goal or otherwise?