I was thrilled to hear from Stacie that she had given me a blog award.
I was even more thrilled when I looked at her post and she acknowledged the “chain letter” aspects of blog awards and has left it up to her recipients to do as much or as little as they want. And so, although I’m not going to try to pass the award on (Stacie travels in my circle a lot so there’d be mostly repeats), I will do 2 things. 1. State 11 random things about myself. 2. Answer her 11 questions.
By the way, I’ve done a random facts about me post before and it was meant to be the first of who knows how many? So, consider this part 2.
1. I am a dessert fiend. I pretty much have to have it every evening. Even if I have something (like an ice cream cone) in the afternoon, I still want evening dessert.
2. Speaking of dessert, I have never purchased anything from cinnabon because I fear I will become instantly addicted/helpless before cinnabons.
3. I prefer to write using black pens. If I start using a pen and realize that it has blue ink, I’ll put it down and look for a black-ink pen.
4. I love note cards…I have tons of them but probably send less than 10 notes a year!
5. I have been to 22 states.
6. I have been to 14 countries.
7. My favorite condiment is mustard.
8. Whenever I pass an animal, I have to comment, usually by naming the type of animal it is (ooh…doggie! kitty! horsie!).
9. My cat has me wrapped around his little paw (big surprise there).
10. I pretty much only listen to my iPod when I’m exercising so there are almost only fast songs on it.
11. I wear my contacts almost every day because I don’t feel “dressed” in my glasses.
On to Stacie’s questions and my answers.
1. What is your biggest pet peeve? Oh…so many to choose from. I’d say when someone is inconsiderate but puts it off to being easygoing “Oh…you’ve brought the donuts for the last five meetings and say it’s not your turn again? Well, *I* don’t keep track of that sort of thing (you petty petty person you!).
2. What is your biggest blogger pet peeve? Well, I stopped reading one blog a long time ago because I felt the blogger had a “holier than thou” attitude I didn’t appreciate. Otherwise, I guess I have moved away from some full-time bloggers whose self-promotion turned me off (although I guess you have to self-promote if blogging is how you make money).
3. Coke or pepsi? Not a big soda drinker, but Coke.
4. What is the number one item on your bucket list? More travel.
5. Do you like surprise parties? Hmmm…probably not. I haven’t been the victim/guest of honor of one, but I’ve been to a few and find that the effort probably isn’t worth the payoff.
6. What is the oddest thing in your handbag or wallet right now? An empty pack of gum I’ve been toting around because I’m too lazy to throw it out.
7. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? Veterinarian/Marine biologist/Actress
8. What are you afraid of that actually shouldn’t scare you? Pictures of sharks with their teeth showing. Admittedly, they’re scary as hell, but I literally flinch if I come across a picture like that when I don’t expect it.
9. Are you on Instagram yet? If not, why the heck not? Yep. One of my first iPhone apps.
10. What’s your favorite animal? Cats. Shocking, I know.
11. What’s your favorite hobby (blogging doesn’t count)? Reading.
Thanks so much, Stacie! This has been fun!